I’m in the willing to use wordpress as the new general message tool for my society. Today, most of our users use an address like firstname.lastname@example.org to inform everybody.
I’d like to use WP instead but, by the way, adding more than this looking like CMS features :
Everybody here belongs to a unit. Each unit could get a category, and all users from a unit should get the right to post in this category. Other users who want to post in a category that is not their should be moderate by one particular user from the destination category/unit. This same user should be able to delete message from it’s own category.
To sum up :
o General rights :
– everybody can read post
– all user can edit his own post
– a superuser can do everything
o Unit/category rights :
– all user from one unit can create post in his category
– one user from unit can delete/edit all the category posts
– all posts from users outside the unit should be moderated
One user can belong to different units.
Data concerning users membership is in a SQL DB repository but links or synchronisation with WP could be considerated.
Could you tell me if plug-in exist to accomplish this (db connectors, userextra) ? Which one is the nearest to be modify ?
Sorry I didn’t read all the FORUM for those informations, but it’s now look impossible (to much messages but it’s a sign of a good popularity).
- The topic ‘Look for advices’ is closed to new replies.