I’ve spent countless hours this week and tried everything possible I can. Can anyone please help?
Running WordPress 2.8.4 on godaddy, Linux, PHP 5+
– Blog was working fine before this
– Needed to move blog to a new server
– Backed up database
– Installed fresh wp files via godaddy (files automatically installed)
– Preserved new fresh wp-config file with new database name
– Restored database ‘into’ new database (worked fine)
– Copied all other former files over ‘but for’ the former wp-config file
[I have done the above three times now]
Newly relocated blog populated and looks and is working fine.
PROBLEM NOW: The login page hangs on a BLANK PAGE after entering login and password so no one can log in.
– Worked fine on other server before the move
– Worked fine on a ‘practice install’ on another directory
– Same problem on IE and Firefox
– Browser caches and cookies emptied repeatedly
– Did a Comodo system cleanup to ensure cache fully empty
– Reinstalled 2 times (so 3 times total); all have same problem
– Deactivated (renamed) plugin directory (all were current)
– Confirmed by phpMyAdmin database table that urls, username are correct
– Reset password and replaced appropriate MD5 encoded pw
– Replaced wp_login file with fresh untouched version (same file size)
– Moved .htaccess file, didn’t work, so put it back
– Confirmed no extra blank lines at end of functions.php file
– Tried logging out with the longer manual logout string
– Requesting new passwords do not resolve the issue
- The topic ‘Logins Still Hang to Blank Page – What I’ve Tried’ is closed to new replies.