Tried all known solutions such as:
– resetting password
– removing all plugins and custom theme
– adding defines in wp-config and functions files for WP_SITEURL and WP_HOME
– database siteurl and home are set as they should be (correct values)
– delete .htaccess file
– adding define( 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', false); to wp-config
– re-uploading fresh download of wordpress
Have not tried fresh db, really would hate to do database from scratch…
Got it! Still :baffled: as to why, but here it is:
setting COOKIE_DOMAIN in wp-config file, creates permanent redirect loop and refuses to login to dashboard. Removing define COOKIE_DOMAIN reverts to normal and allows dashboard login.
Now, why is this happening? Tried on three separate wordpress installations on three different servers and result is always the same. When cookie domain is defined, site works as expected, but can not login to wp dashboard…
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
The topic ‘Login form redirect to login – strange :baffled:’ is closed to new replies.