logging in after install, still pointing to my wordpress.com admin panel
I’ve been working at this for hours and I think it’s got to be something obvious that I’m missing.
1. Knowing nothing about WordPress, I purchased a URL through WordPress.com while setting up my wordpress.com blog.
2. Realizing that it is definitely wordpress.org/self-hosted site that I need, I decided to transfer the purchased domain over to self-hosted. (Transfer domain from wordpress.com –> wordpress.org)
3. I registered with BlueHost and did the one click install using my domain purchased through wordpress.com.
4. ****Installation claimed to be complete, and the /wp-admin let me log in with the username and password, it directed me back to my wordpress.com admin panel.****
What did I do wrong?!
I have any actual content I need to transfer over, I just want to use the domain I purchased on wordpress.com. I’m so confused. The tutorials talk about Tools –> Export all content on wordpress.com. I exported that file, but never imported it to BlueHost because 1. I didn’t know where to upload it to and 2. I don’t have any content, just need to transfer the domain.
- The topic ‘logging in after install, still pointing to my wordpress.com admin panel’ is closed to new replies.