Logged In User Cache
From the searching I’ve done this seems to be a somewhat common issue for a few people but I haven’t managed to find a solution the works for me.
The majority of users that visit our site are more than likely registered and logged in when browsing so I have enabled the ‘Don’t cache pages for logged in users’ option, but I’m having issue with cached content still being served after a user has logged in and the logged in users cache content being served to new visitors.
Here’s a scenario:
– User1 visits the homepage not logged in
– User1 visits page A not logged in
– User1 logs into site and is redirected to the homepage
– User1 appears to not logged in on homepage and page A (served cached content)
– User1 visits page B and can see they are logged in (newly generated cached page)
– User2 (not logged in) visits page B and is served User1’s cached content.
Ive tried this scenario for admins and subscribers so doesn’t appear isolated to a role.
It seems like the ‘Don’t cache pages for logged in users’ option isn’t working. But I’m not sure what other options I can try to rectify the problem, so would be great if anyone had any thoughts.
- The topic ‘Logged In User Cache’ is closed to new replies.