Support » Plugin: Digicution Simple Twitter Feed » Log file filled with the same two errors

  • Resolved lopeax

    (@lopeax)


    Recently I have uploaded the digicution plugin to one of my sites, and from the start it has pretty much spammed the log file on the server with the same two errors. They are as follows:

    WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ” at line 1 for query DELETE FROM wp_dt_twitter WHERE tweetid= made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/<my-theme>/single.php’), dynamic_sidebar, call_user_func_array, WP_Widget->display_callback, dt_twitter_widget->widget, dt_twitter, dt_twitter_update, referer: <my-site>

    and

    PHP Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established in /<site-directory>/wp-content/plugins/digicution-simple-twitter-feed/includes/dt-display.php on line 224, referer: <my-site>

    This problem persisted after deleting the files and downloading new files from here, even though I have no problems on a different site, using the same plugin (although on that site, I’m using the <?php dt_twitter(); ?> bit to access it, and on this current one, I’m using it as a sidebar widget (which also reminds me of a different problem, that when used on the other website, links are just gone in the tweet, whereas on this one, links are shown with exactly the same settings in the backend)).

    This is a perplexing error since I can’t really find any major problems in the code, which makes me think that something else is causing this problem, and also the fact that the tweets are displayed perfectly.

    Thanks for the awesome plugin, and hope to see a response soon!
    Tony

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/digicution-simple-twitter-feed/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I have also been experiencing this. Any update on what might be causing the problem. It’s a shame as it’s a great plugin.

    Plugin Author digicution

    (@digicution)

    Hi Guys,

    I’ve been conversing with Tony via email on this issue and after a few tests the issue became even more perplexing – thanks for your patience Tony 🙂 However, I *think* I’ve isolated the issue and have sent a test build over to Tony this morning.

    Brickwicks, if you want to drop me a quick email via my sites contact page, I’ll send the test build over to you too and we can work out whether this fixes the issue.

    Thanks,

    Dan.

    Plugin Author digicution

    (@digicution)

    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for your help finding the cause of all the log file warnings – these updates we tested on the debug version I sent over have now been pushed live with update 1.4.2.9.

    If you are using openSSL encryption, you will need to re-enter your Twitter Application details after you have upgraded – just a quick heads up – I’ve also added to the top of the plugin description and changelog!

    With regards to the hashtags and links missing, Tony and I figured out the cause was down to a minor bug in his CSS file but for anyone experiencing this type of issue, it may be worth downloading the CSS template from the plugin and implementing the specific CSS into your theme’s stylesheet so that you can better target the Twitter Feed styling!

    Thanks,

    Dan.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Log file filled with the same two errors’ is closed to new replies.