WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Custom Content Type Manager » [Resolved] localization issue

[Resolved] localization issue

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I’d like to reinforce also that some localization functions like _e() are used without the “plugin text domain name”. One could work on some code to parse all of the project files in order to check for this issue (I’d do it but my knowledge in regex is very bad). An example could be seen in views/metabox.php in the lines below 50, in the next _e() functions.

    Plugin Contributor fireproofsocks

    @fireproofsocks

    Please direct all this sort of thing to the bug tracker: http://code.google.com/p/wordpress-custom-content-type-manager/

    Some strings do not include the plugin text domain when the word or phrase is so simple or common that it is in the WP lexicon already. Others I may have missed.

    Regex’s for this would be prohibitively complex: the entire paradigm that WP relies on has severe limitations because it relies on software (e.g. POEdit) that parses *text* and not PHP.

    Well, regex was just a suggestion for you to parse and replace _e() functions with ‘_e+the function argument of text domain’, but as you said this should not be an issue as you leave this strings to WP po files. But there are still some strings without _e functions so they are not able to be translated. I changed the core, but in next updates it will be excluded. I’ll post this in the place you asked for.

    Plugin Contributor fireproofsocks

    @fireproofsocks

    Thanks. I got the bug report.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] localization issue’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar