I’m having issues with a local install of my live website with MAMP.
These are the steps I took:
– I copied the live site wordpress files via FTP and loaded them into a folder within htdocs
– Downloaded the live site’s database from my host
– Created a database in local PHPMyAdmin and imported the live site’s database
– Added a user with the same credentials of live site’s database
– Used an SQL query to replace http://www.livesite.com with http://localhost/localsite
Localhost shows “Index of” but clicking the link to /localsite prompts a download of a PHP file that reads:
<?php /** * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme. * * @package WordPress */ /** * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it. * * @var bool */ define( 'WP_USE_THEMES', true ); /** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */ require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/wp-blog-header.php' );
Can anyone help?
- The topic ‘Live to Local with MAMP downloads PHP file instead of loading website’ is closed to new replies.