I need a little help in getting the copy of my live site to work correctly on my local host. I’m close, but just need a little more direction to get it to work correctly.
The site was initially developed on a live server in a subdirectory [http://www.mysite.com/wordpress]. Once it was ready to go live, the index.php file was copied and moved to the root [http://www.mysite.com/index.php]. I want to copy the final version onto my local computer for further development and testing.
Local file path (Mac OSX 10.7.5)
The site uses Post Name permalinks.
I have successfully:
• Installed MAMP
• Exported the complete SQL database with cPanel
• Zipped source files from server and downloaded to local machine — file structure is exactly the same as on live site with a subdirectory “wordpress”
• Created local DB with same name as live site db and imported data
• Updated db with SQL commands for WordPress Address and Site Address
• Deleted wp-config and created a new one through WordPress admin
I am able to login to the WordPress dashboard on my local drive without any problem.
When I navigate to the local site, there isn’t any formatting. Images, content, and some CSS files are right, but none of the links work. It’s like the theme didn’t load. I activated the TwentyEleven theme to test, but it doesn’t load correctly either.
One other item. I just noticed in the MAMP status window, the MySQL server won’t run. I can’t get it to start up again even though it was running just a minute ago. Is it possible there is a conflict with Internet Sharing through WiFi for my iPad?
Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
- The topic ‘Live site deployed to LocalHost for testing doesn't look right (Mac)’ is closed to new replies.