Just installed last night’s WP build.
Here are my (mostly nit-picky) pieces o’ feedback:
– No clear instructions on permissions for the WP directory; stuff didn’t work until I changed it manually to 755, I think. Even the error message doesn’t give specific chmod instructions.
– The installation was filled up with cutesy and occasionally minorly-informative text (“[whatever] here? Yep, good!”). Non-geeks (whom I’m assuming we want WP to appeal to) neither want nor need this info. Write it to a log if anything, but only note errors.
– “What is the URL of your blog?” – no indication (sample) whether trailing slash should be included
– Should be prompted to change password immediately upon signin.
– Upon changing password, you shouldn’t be unceremoniously logged out
– Says comments moderation is currently on, but it’s not
– Initial font is ugly. Sorry, but it is 😉
– File upload directory should already be created, along with corresponding options. We geeks can choose to create a different directory and override the options if we want.
– Even though I told WP through my options that I don’t want people to be able to register, it still includes that link on the page
– No errors on file upload even when it wasn’t successfully uploaded
– “uploded files” on upload page (typo)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.