Links not working, video not resized, collumn not resizable etc…
So after years using Blogger, Tumblr or Overblog I dediced to give WordPress a go for a professional project. What a piece of unintuitive garbage. From the beginning to right now, I have problems with even the most basics of function and I’m starting to wonder: what’s the point of WordPress ?
1. First I logged in, and chose to activate one of my themes. The interface is counter-intuitive and messy but you can get around. Well there was no way for me to change the basic color, font or size of the different part of the website…what a useless garbage.
2. So I tried installing widgets or plugins to have such an interface. I dowloaded the “custom design” thing, of course it’s so stupid (again) that I had to activate whatever permalink for whatever reason, but once I did…the widget is nowhere to be found…
3. Then I tried to ad an image, and resize it with html. It worked, good. But then I tried to embed a video: I had to waste 30 minutes on the internet to find how to embed a Vimeo video, and once I did, I couldn’t even resize it with html as it’s supposed to and still didn’t figure it out.
4. I tried to imput line skip/jump, of course it’s not automatic because it is stupid so I just put a
and then it jumped a huge section…still didn’t figure it out.
5. Then I tried to embed link with texts, using the most basic html function with the “link” button…of course this shit doesn’t work either and nothing is displayed when I update or preview the website.
And this is just for a basic prototype that I wanted to without having to using any or much code because I’m not a dev and, well the point of a CMS or content creation system is not to have to…
WordPress is really an old stupid and counter-intuitive interface, and I wonder what is the point of it.
- The topic ‘Links not working, video not resized, collumn not resizable etc…’ is closed to new replies.