Velvet Blues Update URLs
[resolved] Links gone bad, all start with http://http:// (3 posts)

  1. Dick
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I moved my website to a different folder and ran the "Velvet Blues Update URLs". After this, all links to images were broken.

    When I look at the source of the page, it shows that the plugin has added an extra "http://" to the links. So now they all start with http://http://.

    I can figure out how to fix this with a MySQL search & replace, but this is something the developer might want to check out. I ran the plugin on a 3.5 installation.


  2. VelvetBlues.com
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Thanks Dickstar. However, the ONLY way this would happen is if you didn't enter your URLs correctly. ie. if you are replacing 'www' with 'http://www', then you would run into this problem. The plugin doesn't have 'http://' in its source code.

    In the future, I will add in a few fixes to prevent this, however, I wanted this to be as flexible as possible, so the url prefixes are not checked. (In some cases, some urls from a local installation may start with something like 'C:/', so I haven't put in any safeguards for prefixes...)

  3. Dick
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Thanks for the explanation. I probably did something wrong then.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Velvet Blues Update URLs
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic