Lighttpd WP Multisite SubDirectories Mod_magnet "Add Site" = Not working
Here are the details of my problem:
The Challenge: =====================
To get Lighttpd running PHP5 with MYSQL5 and WordPress multisite working in a subdirectory on my domain – e.g. http://www.mysite.com/myblogs/(additional wp sites)
I have a MacMini G4 running Mac OSX 10.4.1 (Tiger)
What has been done so far: ============================
1) I have install lighttpd with ssl+CML and lua
2) I have installed and configured MySQL5 and PHP5.3 to work with lighttpd 1.4.6
3) I have WordPress 3.0 install in a subdirectory of my site in a folder called “myblogs”
4) I have the module “mod_magnet” activated with rewrite code in the lighttpd.conf pointing to a rewrite.lua file in the “myblogs” directory (which is the wordpress install folder)
5) I created a subfolder called “blogs.dir” under the “wp-content” folder in my wordpress install folder, per the wordpress multisite instructions ( are you still with me?)
6) I successfully was able to set up the wordpress multisite install and access the Super Admin page
7) I successfully was able to customize the permalinks and test them on the super admin blog pages and they all work fine
8) I was able to “add a new site” from the super admin page called “myhome” with the url being “http://www.mysite.com/myblogs/myhome”
9) When I access the new site called “myhome”, the page comes up with the fault formatting and none of the themes or links works. Clicking on them gives me a “Not found” error
10) FYI – I have given the permissions as “sudo chmod -R 744 * with ownership going to the server username and group name.
11) I noticed that there is no data in the blogs.dir folder
12) I also cannot upload images on the Super Admin site ( I get a blank ad image screen or when i use the flash uploader it gets stuck at 0% )
The Solution: =====================
Please advise on the solution to this issue. Thank you.
- The topic ‘Lighttpd WP Multisite SubDirectories Mod_magnet "Add Site" = Not working’ is closed to new replies.