• Resolved clwill

    (@clwill)


    I love this plugin, it’s helped me find/kill a number of issues in the last couple days. Happy to have donated to it.

    I keep seeing issues with license.txt files that I can’t see a difference in. I moved stuff to a new host, and before I downloaded from the old one, I ran a full scan. Now I run on the new place, and the program found issues with a couple different license.txt files. One in the root, one down in the wp-includes directory. I look at the files in the quarantine, and the original I copied, and the new replacement GOTMLS provided, and I can’t find any differences. Is the a line/end character problem? Some magical hidden malware I don’t see? Or…?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author Eli

    (@scheeeli)

    These were core file differences that were detected, not mal-ware. It looks as though the only difference in the file is the carriage return sequence used at the end of line, as you suggested. I’m not sure why your license.txt files have unusual carriage return characters but that is a difference from the versions that are available in the WordPress download on wordpress.org, so that’s why they were detected as being modified.

    Thanks for the quick response. I guess after looking through them I can see that. Just found it weird, thx.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘license.txt files’ is closed to new replies.