thank you for this formidable plugin. It’s the best around, for cdnjs. I like the look and feel, the search bar, the select2 integration and the choice to enqueue in header or footer.
I would like to restart the development where you left it to be able to:
– choose the version
– choose the assets (broken right now)
– choose minified or not
I’m planning to use GIT to upload the code, currently licensed under GPLv3, but i’m no expert.
1) Should I ask you the permission first?
2) Should I keep the readme.txt as is and just increment it or should I just keep your names in the thank you list?
3) This code is yours, so I cannot use the same name, can I? Would you suggest me a new name please?
thanks for helping me and the community!
Thank you for reaching out. It would be great if you took over the development of this plugin, we sadly let it slide for far too long.
Let me know what next steps we can help with.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I didn’t see it because I forgot to check follow ups by email… my bad.
Sadly, I forked it and separated the master, now it’s available here under a new name:wp-cdnjs-reborn
Should I have amended your Git instead? I have no idea what people usually do in such cases. Git is a new private technology, wrapped around GPL licensing and it’s just a mess.
I would certainly have preferred continuing your work under your plugin name, as it has a large base of installs and downloads. I do not think it’s too late, but I do think it’s for you to decide 🙂
my next development plan:
– adding “defer” or “async” option per assets
– adding the option to combine assets and serve them locally to reduce number of requests
- This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by audioscavenger.
Major update to my current version 0.3.0 is committed.
I planed to have you test it before releasing the tag 0.3.0 but you know what? Updating the trunk updates the released version!
I consider this a bug because how are you supposed to develop without impacting the users? I don’t understand this system. I don’t have this issue with my plugin. When I update the trunk, nothing happen for the users until I create a tag.
Whatever, i’m sorry it’s done that way and I hope you could find the time to check it’s working with retro-compatibility………
- This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by audioscavenger.
- The topic ‘licence and fork?’ is closed to new replies.