Support » Plugin: Gutenberg Blocks – Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg » Latest Version trashes blocks

  • Resolved karl_peschel

    (@karl_peschel)


    Testing the latest update. 1.16.0

    On 3 sites it trashed Info boxes, Marketing buttons, and maybe more. I don’t have a site with all the blocks on a page. All of them show “This block shows unexpected or invalid content” and asks to Resolve or Convert to HTML. Both of those don’t work.

    One odd thing – an Info box I have on a test page which I did NOT edit or change any text or settings on is still working. Only ones I edited – which is naturally ALL of them on a site – fail.

    Had to rollback to the previous version.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Support Team Brainstorm Force

    (@brainstormteam)

    Hello @karl_peschel

    Sorry for the inconvenience!

    While we haven’t faced such issues on our end or any reports on our Support Center.

    Can you open a quick ticket with us providing the necessary details so that we can resolve the same accordingly?

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    Suman

    P.S. We recommend reaching out to us through our Support Portal for reporting of issues or any urgent help as mentioned here from our Support Team/Developers.

    Any update on this issue?

    After submitting a ticket and going back and forth a bit I got this…

    “The Block validation error is occurring only for the Blocks containing Icons.

    The error occurs because the SVG’s of Icons are updated.

    As the Block’s HTML gets changed due to updated SVG’s so Gutenberg gives the validation error. This error only occurs for the previously used blocks and not if you add a new block.

    Now, here the best solution for you will be to Attempt Recovery of the blocks having errors.”

    In my testing I used the Attempt Recovery motion form the 3 dot menu of the block. It worked every time. So I stopped waiting for a new plugin version that fixes the SVG issue and just updated and fixed blocks on half a dozen sites. A PITA, but it’s done.

    I suspected something like this because of the “resolution” which wordpress got for the block recovery. But it didn’t work for me. I’m just gonna try it again. Thanks for your help!

    Plugin Support Team Brainstorm Force

    (@brainstormteam)

    Hello @demo88,

    If the solution provided doesn’t work, I would request you to kindly open a ticket with us from here, so that we can have a closer look.

    Regards,
    Sweta

    Plugin Support Team Brainstorm Force

    (@brainstormteam)

    Hello @demo88 ,

    We haven’t heard back from you in a while, so I’m going to mark this as resolved – if you have any further questions, you can start a new thread.

    Thank you!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.