Updates used to work simple and no issues
Suddenly, the latest update fails with this message – any ideas please?
500 Internal Server Error
<!–[if lte IE 6]><![endif]–>
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred
and of anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
Web Server at townoframsgate.pub
– Unfortunately, Microsoft has added a clever new
– “feature” to Internet Explorer. If the text of
– an error’s message is “too small”, specifically
– less than 512 bytes, Internet Explorer returns
– its own error message. You can turn that off,
– but it’s pretty tricky to find switch called
– “smart error messages”. That means, of course,
– that short error messages are censored by default.
– IIS always returns error messages that are long
– enough to make Internet Explorer happy. The
– workaround is pretty simple: pad the error
– message with a big comment like this to push it
– over the five hundred and twelve bytes minimum.
– Of course, that’s exactly what you’re reading
– right now.
- The topic ‘LATEST UPDATE FAILING TO INSTALL’ is closed to new replies.