Support » Plugin: WP Maintenance Mode » Latest Update by new owners has major problems

  • I recommend that all previous users of WP Maintenance DO NOT UPDATE this plugin to latest version by the new plugin authors.

    WARNING – if you update to Version2.0.2, any site you have closed via this plugin will become visible. You will need to reset and save your settings to re-enable Maintenance Mode.

    I have now removed the latest update from all sites where I previously used this plugin and reverted to the latest version by the previous plugin author (Version 1.8.11).

    Though the plugin had not been updated for some time, that version continues to work for me without problems.

    By contrast the updated version has number of serious bugs IMHO. For example the very useful Backend Role & Front End Role settings appear to be entirely unreliable.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Contributor George J

    (@georgejipa)

    Hello buzztone,

    We’ll try our best to release a better version. Please tell me more about this:

    For example the very useful Backend Role & Front End Role settings appear to be entirely unreliable.

    I’m asking you because it works in the same way as the feature from 1.8.11 works.

    Hi

    I checked this plugin again after 3 months to see if these issues were resolved and to decide if it makes sense to update from the now much older version from the original plugin author.

    On my first point I noticed addition of the following Warning:
    WP Maintenance Mode plugin was relaunched and you MUST revise settings.

    This is helpful and provides an adequate warning where previously there was no warning.

    To test my second point I setup further logins as Author & Subscriber and set Backend Role: Author & Frontend Role: Subscriber.

    Testing in a separate Browser, with Author login I am able to access the Backend but not the Frontend which is a problem. Older version from the original plugin author works as expected.

    With Subscriber login I am able to access the Backend (but only my Subscriber profile) and the Frontend which is OK.

    Thus my previous conclusion that “the very useful Backend Role & Front End Role settings appear to be entirely unreliable” remains valid IMHO.

    My main concern is that my very limited testing shows a significant issue with this aspect of the plugin. This indicates to me that the recent updates to the plugin have not been thoroughly tested for collateral errors.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Latest Update by new owners has major problems’ is closed to new replies.