WordPress.org

Forums

WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce
[resolved] Language modifications not working properly (4 posts)

  1. marolt
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello

    Does anyone know why no modifications to the .po file inside the wp-content/plugins/i18n/woocommerce-sl_SI.po seem to work.

    I have downloaded a version of the slovenian translation from: https://github.com/maticer/WooCommerce-Slovenian

    However it is not translated 100% so therefore I have to manually translate it however no changes seem to apply. I have changed the language inside the wp-config.php file because it does show most of the content in Slovenian language. But as I said no changes apply after I edit the .po file and reupload to the server.

    Anyone knows how to fix it?
    Thanks in advance!

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/

  2. SzLegradi
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello,

    The reason it is not working is because you have to compile to .po file to a .mo file.
    Try saving the updated file in Poedit, it will generate the .mo file for you. Upload both files and you should be good to go.

  3. marolt
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks buddy!

  4. chiappa
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Poedit did the trick. Thanks! Here is a little how to I wrote.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic