• Resolved btcjp

    (@btcjp)


    Dears,

    Thanks for the great plugin.
    I have a funny issue.
    When I click on “create entry” (German: Eintrag erstellen), then the form “Submit A Listing” is mixed in English and German (see link provided).
    Can you imagine why this happens?

    Thanks in advance!

    Kind regards!

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Business Directory Plugin

    (@businessdirectoryplugin)

    Hi @btcjp,

    Sorry that you ran into issues here!

    Have you tried a conflict test yet?

    Here is an article about how to test for theme and plugin conflicts with Business Directory, which may help pinpoint the issue: http://businessdirectoryplugin.com/support-forum/faq/how-to-check-for-plugin-and-theme-conflicts-with-bd/

    That, plus the question of whether you activated a language file for BD (but maybe didn’t translate the labels of your fields manually, as we mention here: https://businessdirectoryplugin.com/knowledge-base/translating-bd-other-language/)

    Please let me know what you find.

    Hi @businessdirectoryplugin,

    Thanks for the quick response!

    I deactivated all the plugins except your plugin. I tried this on my webhoster and on localhost. Still the same issue…

    I use the German version only (and therefore activated the corresponding files). It works fine (all terms are translated into German) for all the pages of business directory, except the “Submit A Listing” form… There is a mixup of German and English. The “headers” are English and the “content” is translated.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks and kind regards!

    Hi @businessdirectoryplugin,

    The solution is, that the German files are not translated properly…
    There are missing and wrong items.
    I translated these items via Poedit.
    Quite easy. :-S
    Thanks anyway!

    Kind regards!

    Plugin Author Business Directory Plugin

    (@businessdirectoryplugin)

    Hi @btcjp,

    Sorry for any confusion here.

    The German files we include are ones that the community translated, so they get updated by use periodically as we add, change or remove features. The strings that get changed are only translated if someone is still actively doing that for their directory, and sometimes those translations get ignored. Sounds that that was the issue here.

    As you found the translation instructions already, you know what you need to know but for others who find this thread in the future, here’s what you do:

    This article will give you the specifics on how to translate the language file for the directory plugin:
    https://businessdirectoryplugin.com/knowledge-base/translating-bd-other-language/

    This can be used to change the labels as well as the language itself.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Language mixed up’ is closed to new replies.