Support » Plugin: Export User Data » Language issue – cannot export non-english characters

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author qstudio

    (@qlstudio)

    @ssjaimia – this sounds like an encoding problem – I will need to check the plugin to see if it’s set correctly to use UTF-8.

    I’ll get back to you when I’ve got some time in the coming days 🙂

    Q

    Plugin Author qstudio

    (@qlstudio)

    @ssjaimia – are you trying to export to CSV or Excel and are you trying to open the exported file on Mac or PC – so I can try and pin down the issue?

    Q

    both CSV and Excel have the same issue, i’m using MAC, but it doesn’t seem related to the OS

    Plugin Author qstudio

    (@qlstudio)

    @ssjaimia – from what I read, there is an important difference with how Mac handles UTF-8 data – however, I don’t have a Mac to test on.

    I tried adding something called a UTF-8 BOM – but I’ve not had much luck so far and not much time to test.

    Could you try and find a way to test the plugin on a PC and see if there is any difference – if not, as least I’ll know that I’m looking in the wrong place for answers 🙂

    Q

    hi, i tried to export data in PC, result is still the same.

    Plugin Author qstudio

    (@qlstudio)

    @ssjaimia – thanks for the follow-up message.

    I can now replicate the problem, but I don’t have a lot of time to find a solution right now – as soon as I do, I’ll release an update – sorry for the delay!

    Q

    Plugin Author qstudio

    (@qlstudio)

    Hey – the latest update of the plugin should have addresses this foreign character problem – if you still use the plugin, please check again.

    Thanks

    Plugin Author qstudio

    (@qlstudio)

    I’m closing this request – as no reply from the author.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Language issue – cannot export non-english characters’ is closed to new replies.