Support » Plugin: WP-Members Membership Plugin » language files are not working correctly

  • I am Dutch , certain parts are in Dutch , other parts are not in Dutch.
    I checked with Poedit wp-members-nl_NL.mo and wp-members-nl_NL.po.
    Although Existing User Login and New User Registration was trtanslated it didn’t show up.
    With Poedit the translation renewed and saved and the mo file compiled and uploaded to the plugin folder the translation showed up.
    Poedit shows that only 71% is translated and many translation are in RED.
    Every time when I change I get message Source code not available and message header field ‘ Language-Team still has the initial default value.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-members/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author Chad Butler

    (@cbutlerjr)

    Any translation string that is marked as “fuzzy” in Poedit will not be included in the compiled .mo even though it is in the .po file. The “fuzzy” specification needs to be removed.

    The language translation does not occurr in all places , I have update the plugin to 2.9.8 , the translationas as an obvious example New User Registration is not translated.
    Existing user Login is not translated.
    Many translation do not appear.
    THAT IS THE PROBLEM

    Plugin Author Chad Butler

    (@cbutlerjr)

    THAT IS THE PROBLEM

    There’s no need to use shouty caps… especially when the answer I gave you is the correct one.

    Try taking a look at the example you gave me – New User Registration in light of the answer I originally responded with. In the wp-members-nl_NL.po file this string is translated, but Poedit has marked it “fuzzy”. Therefore, Poedit will not include it in the compiled .mo until the fuzzy specification is removed.

    My apologies, English is not my native language so sometimes it is more harsh than I intended.
    Let start fresh.
    I have installed 2.9.8
    A lot of dutch translation do not show up after activating the plugin.

    I have installed 2.9.8.1 and still a lot of Dutch translations are not there.
    I have checked again with poedit with fuzzy disabled.
    I have added a lot of translations I am now 85% , saved po file and compiled the mo file.
    With ftp placed it in the plugin lang folder.
    Result is that the translation I added show up correctly.
    I plan to complete all the translations,are you interested I can upload them to you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘language files are not working correctly’ is closed to new replies.