Support » Plugin: Advanced Post List » "KILLED QUERY" Error in Log Files – Eating Resources

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author EkoJR

    (@ekojr)

    Yep, it sure is a beast with 0.3(.b7), and it’s one of the things I’ve been working on slimming down with 0.3 while still keeping the advanced features. Main reason I haven’t released a stable version.

    I’m currently getting back to where I left off. Been working on the next version release, and it’ll probably be 0.3.b8 seeing how jQueryUI looks like it needs some bugs squashed, but I plan on it having a lot of the fixes that you need. I had to completely redo the way the plugin was using WP_Query.

    This link might be temporary since I’m getting ready to merge into master and 0.3 branch, but the apl_query_mod branch should fix it for ya.
    https://github.com/EkoJr/wp-advanced-post-list/tree/apl_query_mod

    Thanks for the response EkoJr

    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the best way to “upgrade” to that version you linked?

    Will I need to migrate data (export/import didn’t work when we tried previously), or just replace files?

    Dropping in that new version and removing the old files, then activating the “new” plugin appears to make the shorcodes on individual pages ignore “List Amount” number and just show all posts from the selected categories, etc.

    Please let me know if that was the correct way to do things or if I need to follow some other upgrade/update method.

    Plugin Author EkoJR

    (@ekojr)

    Sorry for the late reply. I never received a notification of a reply on here.

    I’ve been working on the plugin on GitHub getting ready to release 0.3.b8. I also fixed the issue with the ‘List Amount’ no longer limiting the posts.

    https://github.com/EkoJr/wp-advanced-post-list/tree/0.3

    Yea, you should just be able to download the zip to extract the APL folder replacing the old files. I don’t plan on there being and database conflicts. Although, it is always a good idea to back up when updating anything.

    EkoJr! So far so good! I’ll let you know if I see anything else wonky.

    Feature suggestion: Sort by most popular posts based on viewcount (and maybe comment count?)

    Plugin Author EkoJR

    (@ekojr)

    That’s good news to hear!

    The 0.3.b8 update I plan on drastically reducing the memory compared to older beta versions. Nested code was causing it to hold too many values at once. The List Amount was just an oops between versions.

    I do plan on adding more sort methods, and even thought about the one you mentioned…but…I would like to look into extending/inherenting the WP_Query class. Otherwise I’ll have to create a function to modify the WP_Query object after it has been queried, which has proved to be more work than needed.

    Btw, there is a sort method for comment count. Just none available for view count.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘"KILLED QUERY" Error in Log Files – Eating Resources’ is closed to new replies.