Support » Plugin: Autoptimize » keeps looking for an older ccs file

  • Resolved satsoklgr

    (@satsoklgr)


    its weird.
    After updated to wordpress 5.1, autoptimize only in the home page is try to load an older ccs created file which now it doesn’t exist.
    I must refresh the page to load the live css file.
    I tried everything, deleted all cache, deleted the plugin and reinstalled it, clear all my browsers cache many times, even the cache of my smartphone…
    no matter what i do, the first time that the home page is loaded in a new device is asking for the old file!!!

    I was forced to manually add this file from my backup and the page loads right with the old ccs file, then after one refresh the new file is loaded.

    ITS VERY VERY,…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    can you share your site’ URL @satsoklgr ?

    some more details

    the old file wich should be forgotten is named:
    autoptimize_97f84f69f66728f44528a26bb98f08eb.css

    and the new file which should be loaded but loads only after refresh is:
    autoptimize_9fca5a2ff284fa90145e0b35c27b140b.css

    of course the first time that page appears is broken, unless i add manually in the cache directory the old file from the backup

    Now, it changes.
    The old file is forgotten, and it loads the new active file ok, but it doesn’t load a slideshow on the top.
    It needs refresh to load it, and then it works ok every time.
    But if i erase the browsers cache it needs refresh again to load the sliders.

    But when i check up in pingdom it shows the slideshow ok.

    IN opera is ok everytime, in edge, chrome, firefox needs refresh.
    Note: i have configured all browsers to empty cache on close.

    and i use no other cache plugin.

    Site is not mine and unfortunately i need owner`s consent to share the url.

    Now , everything is ok, just like that, by opening first the second blog’s home page and then just remove in address bar the language prefix so the home page to load, everything fixed.

    My apologies for blaming autoptimize, i really don’t know what was the cause, surely a matter of caching, either in my pc, my browsers, or most probably in the site,
    These things makes me feel stupid sometimes…

    Thank you.

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    Site is not mine and unfortunately i need owner`s consent to share the url.

    please do, I’d like to have a look at this for myself 🙂

    Plugin Author Optimizing Matters

    (@optimizingmatters)

    Now , everything is ok, just like that, by opening first the second blog’s home page and then just remove in address bar the language prefix so the home page to load, everything fixed.

    Happy it now works satsoklgr, feel free to leave a review of the plugin and support here! 🙂

    frank

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.