J2.5.9 + K2 version 2.5.4 -> WP 3.5.1 using your latest plugins. Both on localhost.
Importing about 477 K2 items and 25 categories. Everything seems to work perfectly (images, hierarchy, tags, content, etc). 2 issues I’m seeing:
1. [major] after conversion, the author pages are broken. I have about 13 content creators and if I click on the author link, can’t get to an archive view of all their articles. The resulting links are in this format: domain.com/author/FirstnameLastname but lead to broken pages.
2. [minor] For some reason, all K2 category slugs have a “ck” + a number in front of their names. So for example, “french-classes” category alias in K2 becomes “ck22-french-classes”. Looking at these numbers, they seem to be the joomla K2 category IDs. I can change the slugs manually pretty quickly because I have a few categories but it would be nice if it just kept the original alias.
Thanks for an awesome plugin!
By the way, I have one author with just a firstname and that author page does work so it looks like it might be related to the format of the displayed name in the URL…
Thank you for your feedback.
1. In fact, I have never used author pages. I’m going to have a look at them. The thing I can see is that the author pages have the form: /author/login and not /author/FirstnameLastname
Does it come from your theme?
2. I have prefixed the categories by “c” and the K2 categories by “ck” to avoid duplicates. Indeed, in some Joomla sites, some categories have the same name. I had to differentiate them. But feel free to rename the categories after the import.
1. I have found the bug. It comes from the user_nicename field which is not normalized. It’ll be fixed in the next release.
In fact, the author pages have the format: /author/user_nicename
1. The author pages bug has been fixed in Premium version 1.10.9.
Wow!, that is some fast support! 🙂
Looks like the new build fixed it, I’ll do some more tests tomorrow.
Note: on the K2 category issue, I’d suggest you make the category renaming an option on the settings area. A lot of my sites (and many people I know) are only using K2 content and if they have a lot of categories, the manual renaming step might be too much for them.
Thanks again for fixing that bug so quickly!
- The topic ‘K2 Author links broken’ is closed to new replies.