* WordPress crashed Apache 2 on my Windows test box, every single time. The first PHP script I ever seen that crashed Apache on this box.
* It didn't install on my Windows PHP 5 test machine (see below)
* It didn't install on my old PHP 4 Linux webserver (see below)
* Ir didn't install on my new PHP 5 Linux webserver (see below)
* Install never worked, always hung on step 3, with no message of what went wrong. All files had full write privelages, and database details were set correctly, just did not work.
* The code is too bloated for my likings, too many files, it makes it very difficult to intergate it into my site, where I may not want to use the WordPress default layout
And I am not an idiot, but if I can't get this going, as a intermediate to advanced PHP/MySQL programmer, there must be something wrong with this 5 minute concept. I am sure newbies will hit this same brick wall.
I just started to write my own blog engine in the end, which is simple, and just works.
Sorry about this, but it just would not work for me.