I just finished testing this plug in (premium) on my staging. It passed tests.
An hour later, i’ve installed it on prod and tested.
It can get a bit hairy keeping your head on straight on what happens when. But basically do the following to test properly.
1. Create a zero dollar test product (pw protect it from view)
2. add above product to your accepted in cart list for the refer a friend coupon
3. if you use the ‘refereree will get a coupon upon first purchase’, on a product, make sure that coupon INLCLUDES your zero dollar product in it’s ‘acceptable cart items’ list or it will throw up a nasty message during check out by the refereree.
4. continue with your test purchase by the refereree. It will be successful. BUT it the referer coupon will be in pending state UNTIL the refereree purchase gets cleared in the shop owner order dashboard. Click on ‘check mark’ box under action.
5. go back to the referer dashboard and now you will see the coupon has been approved
You should now receive the following emails:
– refereree purchase (sent to both refereree and shop owner)
– referer coupon
– refereree bonus (post first purchase) coupon
The emails are nice looking too!
++++++++++++++ issue ++++++++++++++
Facebook share link makes assumption to share the domain that the plugin is installed on (site b) (not like the twitter portion which allows you to add your handle). I use this referrals to promote my other web page (site a). So in FB share, site b shows up instead of site a. You just need to add a FB address field to the share config.
- The topic ‘just installed on staging. pass. then on prod. pass. GREAT product.’ is closed to new replies.