Support » Fixing WordPress » jquery problem with 4.7

  • James Maiden

    (@reallygreenjames)


    Hi there,

    I run lots of WP site on a server. Since updating the sites to v4.7 I am noticing lots of UncaughtType problems in the Dashboard.

    It looks like an issue with loading scripts – load-scripts.php

    See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrp04vx9csgfl7c/Screenshot%202017-01-09%2010.58.48.png?dl=0

    This means that lots of the admin features don’t work, e.g. Add Media, Quick Edit, etc.

    Rolling back to WP v4.6.1 “solves” the problem.

    I have tried deactivating all plugins and changing the theme and that does not solve the issue for the sites in v4.7

    The strange thing is, this problem does not affect all of the sites that I run on that server – only some of them.

    So if I can rule out a server issue, and theme/plugin issues, what could possibly be the problem that only affects some sites?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I’m having exactly the same problem – on 3 client sites, but none of the 50+ others I manage. I don’t understand why, but I am seeing a ton of jquery errors on those broken editor pages.

    Followup – on those 3 sites, updating a plugin (any plugin) always fixed the problem. I guess it’s the plugin devs getting the jQuery issues taken care of…

    Thread Starter James Maiden

    (@reallygreenjames)

    Good to know I’m not alone, though “updating a plugin (any plugin)” didn’t fix it for me on one out of two sites I tried it on.

    On one of mine, it was the Divi theme update that fixed it.

    Hi
    Just wanted to add

    I run 4 wordpress site all on completely different hosting platforms and have had the same issue come up on 3 of them, stand out one is the media library not loading in thumbnail view, the loading icon just spins and nothing happens although if I select list view it loads fine.

    At first I thought it had something to do with jetpack as its only with this plugin activated that the issue starts but know I’m not sure.

    Thread Starter James Maiden

    (@reallygreenjames)

    Thanks for helping confirm an issue.

    I can say the problem still persists even in version 4.7.2

    What’s really weird about this is is that even when I deactivate all plugins and switch to twentysixteen to rule out a possible theme/plugin conflict, the problem is still there.

    I think we can assume that 4.7 is working ok on the whole – I see it working fine for some sites using any number of plugins and different themes.

    I wonder if there is something with the update process causing an issue. Fundamentally it looks like its a call for jQuery that’s the problem. I have thought that it could be a browser caching issue – an old call for jQuery lingering somewhere. I have tried clearing the browser cache on one site, but that didn’t help.

    Still holding back updating a lot of sites because of this.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘jquery problem with 4.7’ is closed to new replies.