I’m trying to set up JP’s Post by Email to post emails sent to a mailing list. I’ve conducted several tests:
- Sending an email to the generated post.wordpress.com address from an address other than my wp.com address.
- Sending an email to other recipients, including the post.wordpress.com address.
- Sending an email where all recipients were in the BCC field.
- Created a mailing list and subscribed the post.wordpress.com address as well as other addresses.
#1-3 posted. And yeah, I know, keep the post.wordpress.com address secret. I sent these to my other email addresses.
#4 The “welcome to the mailing list” email posted, but emails sent to the mailing list did not.
Is this intentionally unsupported?
curl -d '<methodCall><methodName>demo.sayHello</methodName></methodCall>' http://news.sisr-issr.org/xmlrpc.php
from my computer, I get the expected result:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <methodResponse> <params> <param> <value> <string>Hello!</string> </value> </param> </params> </methodResponse>
I also get the expected “XML-RPC server accepts POST requests only.” message when navigating to http://news.sisr-issr.org/xmlrpc.php, so I’m not quite sure why the Jetpack Debug Test fails. Disabling all my plugins does not affect the results, and I am using Twenty Eleven, Version 1.5.
I’d appreciate any help you can offer. Let me know if I can provide any more details.
All the best,
- The topic ‘Jetpack Post by Email not posting emails from mailing list’ is closed to new replies.