Have an issue with hundreds of 404 errors from my IP, (854 now). I’m a little concerned my host may decide I am a security risk or something.:P Appreciate any help you might be able to provide this noob. (TLDR; Please explain like I am 5)
I did search but came up with nothing describing my issue.
I have a newer site under development, and noticed the high number of 404 errors being reported when Better WP Security was installed.
1 – Better WP Security 3.5.2 /Active
2 – Hidden Tags 0.1.1 /Active
3 – Jetpack 2.2.5 /Now Deactivated
4 – Limit Login Attempts 1.7.1 /Active
5 – Ozh’ Dropdown Menu 3.6.5 /Active
6 – Ultimate Tiny MCE 4.5 /Active
7 – WooCommerce 2.0.10 /Active
8 – WordPress Importer 0.6.1 /Active
– 404 errors are generated from my IP address.
2013-06-17, 12:07 PM 220.127.116.11 /wp-admin/div http://www.rjperformancepc.com/wp-admin/plugins.php?activate=true&plugin_status=all&paged=1&s= 854
– Every time I view a page, edit a post, save a draft, etc etc, I refresh my logs in Better WP Security and see the number of 404s. jump by the amount of my activity within the site.
– As I recall Jetpack was installed almost immediately after installing WordPress. Better WP Security was installed a few months ago, and this is when I noticed the issue.
– Deactivated plugins one at a time to determine if they were the issue. If it was shown a plugin was not an issue it was reactivated and I moved onto another. Issue ceased when I deactivated Jetpack.
Thanks again. If you need anything, just let me know.
- The topic ‘Jetpack generating 404 errors.’ is closed to new replies.