Support » Plugin: WooCommerce Google Ads Dynamic Remarketing » JavaScript errors in latest version

  • Resolved mondalaci

    (@mondalaci)


    The latest plugin version introduces JavaScript errors in wgdr.php. There’s an extra semicolon in “ecomm_prodid”;:” and “ecomm_totalvalue”;:”.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author alekv

    (@alekv)

    Hi

    When I look up the HTML sourcecode of that particular page you’ve sent, I don’t see that extra semicolon: https://take.ms/C73zV

    I’m not sure where the problem is.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by alekv.
    Thread Starter mondalaci

    (@mondalaci)

    I could only see this on mobile, so this is likely mobile-specific. Please search for the above strings in wgdr.php, and you should find these occurrences.

    Plugin Author alekv

    (@alekv)

    The plugin source code doesn’t contain those strings in exactly that form.

    Could you send me a screenshot of what you have seen on your mobile?

    Thread Starter mondalaci

    (@mondalaci)

    1. I go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-google-dynamic-retargeting-tag/
    2. I click on the Download button and get woocommerce-google-dynamic-retargeting-tag.1.7.8.zip
    3. In wgdr.php I can clearly see the following in line 568 and 569:

    “ecomm_prodid”;: ‘ . json_encode( $this->mc_prefix . ( 0 == $this->product_identifier ? get_the_ID() : $product->get_sku() ) ) . ‘,
    “ecomm_totalvalue”;: ‘ . $product->get_price() . ‘;

    Plugin Author alekv

    (@alekv)

    You are right!

    I have no idea how that happened. I fixed it and pushed out a new version that you can download.

    Thanks !!

    Thread Starter mondalaci

    (@mondalaci)

    Thanks for the quick fix!

    Plugin Author alekv

    (@alekv)

    Welcome!

    Thread Starter mondalaci

    (@mondalaci)

    This issue still persists in the latest version.

    I’m using Errorception and it logs hundreds of JavaScript errors per day on our site.

    Plugin Author alekv

    (@alekv)

    Thanks for reporting this!

    I found out, that my IDE was inserting those semicolons as part of a code cleanup right when I was pushing out the code, which is why I haven’t spotted this.

    I’m sorry for the inconvenience!

    It’s fixed and you can download the newest version which works fine again (1.7.12)

    Thread Starter mondalaci

    (@mondalaci)

    Thanks! Looks good now.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘JavaScript errors in latest version’ is closed to new replies.