[Resolved] iTunes Lookup Widget loads as "undefined"
I am not sure what mistakes I made…since it seems straight forward!
But when using the iTunes Lookup Widget it only loads as “undefined” Need help!
do you have a url i can have a look at ?
alternatively, assuming that you are only using one widget for a start that gives you problems, can you give me the settings that you are using ?
having said that , i am working on an updated that resolves a couple of bugs i found myself (should be done in the next few days). nevertheless, it would be great to be able to investigate your problem too as it might be something I have not come across
PS: any detailed ‘undefined’ messages would also help.
I found the iTunes ID using the search feature…
I only have Collections/Albums selected
I left everything else the same, except I changed the country to USA.
Well today it is just blank…but here is the link
thanks for the info. I had a look at the site and I’ll get a ton of other js errors.
Having said that , what happens if you – temporarily – turn off W3 Total Cache (just to see if that’s the culprit so i can see whats happening)
can you temporarily rename the index.html in the cache folder so i can – for starters – have a look at the cache files generated ?
btw, thanks for actually letting me know it doesnt work in your scenario. i’m sure other people had problems too in their situations but without telling me , what can i do …do again, thanks
on top of that (just to be sure) would you mind sending me a screenshot of the/your widget settings to dev[at]1000db.com ? thanks
PS: i assume you are using plugin version 0.2.4
actually , i think i have an idea where the problem may be ( and i should be able to do something about this but it might take a couple of days ). may i ask you what theme you are using ?
PS: sorry, stupid question. it appears you are using iFeature. give me a bit i’ll sort it out asap – day or two – (as this problem might also occur on other themes…..)
i have updated the plugin to take account of the above… let me know if that fixes it ?
also you are saying “I only have Collections/Albums selected”
just to be clear: if its ticked it will NOT show (as its excluded). so if you have an artist(id) that only has albums for example and you “exclude” albums, nothing will show ….
thought i’d mention it just in case
Ok, you were right I did have that checked. So I unchecked it, and updated it…still nothing. Where do I send the screen shots of the settings?
does it work if you – temporarily – use a different theme (like twenty twelve or something bogstandard) ?
it appears that the plugin (0.2.5) actually works as expected. apart from the issue with some themes in v0.2.4 above (which should not be an issue anymore in the current/latest plugin version) the plugin did not return any results (i.e you ended up with an empty box) because the iTunes API just did not return any for your artist(id).
Version 0.2.6 now displays “itunes api did not return results” (or some such thing) to indicate that the plugin is actually working just that Itunes didnt return any movies/albums/podcasts/whatever. Furthermore – in such a case – the console will show what query was actually sent to the iTunes API (which seems to return somewhat different results to the web frontend of iTunes – no, i dunno either).
If someone has the same issue and wants to investigate further, one could use the url in the console, put it in a browser and check if there’s maybe another combination of a query that would return the required results (check http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/resources/documentation/itunes-store-web-service-search-api.html#lookup for details of the api)
if you find a different query that DOES return results, let me know. After all , its all work in progress….
for the moment marking this as resolved…
in case anyone is having the same ‘problem’:
itunes does not treat singles as collections/albums with a track count of 1, but lumps it together with individual tracks/songs of albums. hence nothing was returned from the api when searching for albums (even though the iTunes store itself list singles under albums…..ho hum)
anyway, i’ve updated the plugin to now include the singles as singles (if there are any).
do read the readme though (accessible from within the widget ) as there are some implications to doing this
- The topic ‘[Resolved] iTunes Lookup Widget loads as "undefined"’ is closed to new replies.