I was expecting a lot more from the Breeze cache to be honest. A poor performance by Cloudways.
Still many simple bugs which need to be ironed out, seems like plugin is not tested before new editions are released.
The plugin is based off autoptimize plugin, yet has only a fraction of the original plugin features, with some very basic features missing…
– Combined JS files are loaded in head as render blocking, no option to load in footer or even to add defer/async tags
– since the last update, when in the admin area, in the top bar the ‘Purge All Cache’ link doesn’t work.
– When combining JS files, only selective scripts are combined.
– Combining of JS files can often result in 2 or more combined files, whilst it does reduce the number of external requests, why not combine into 1 file like so many other plugins can?
My advice: just stick with Autoptimize and use a second plugin to handle varnish purging if you have it enabled.
- The topic ‘It’s basically Autoptimize, but worse…’ is closed to new replies.