I’m a developer working on some customizations for a customer, and my development environment is a vagrant virtual machine and php configured with xdebug to allow remote debugging.
As other developers may know, remote debugging is a feature that slows down the php performance a lot, and a slow WordPress site, is 100 times slower.
The thing was so bad that I spent some time profiling the execution of the WordPress site and saw that there was a good amount of time spent in functions called translations or in tasks related to translations.
I installed this plugin (by the way, the only one that does this job), and performed some additional tests, and the performance of the site improved a lot.
I don’t know why this site in particular is spending so much time with translation-related functions (other sites that I have don’t have this problem), but this plugin did a good job for me.
- The topic ‘It does what it promises’ is closed to new replies.