Hopefully someone from the Zotpress dev. team will read this post.
I found a few serious issues with Zotpress to date. I’m listing them below. Hopefully someone will be able to fix them at some point:
1. The selection of bibliography styles available in Zotpress is very limited, specially if your site is not in EN. My website is in Portuguese and my bibliography is getting displayed with English connectors such as “and” or abbreviations such as “2nd”. This looks unprofessional.
(I’m seriously considering copying the text output of Zotpress, removing the shortcodes from the HTML page, pasting the text and fixing these language issues… It’s pointless to use Zotpress like this, though 🙁 )
2. I tried adding bookcover thumbnails to Zotpress to make the bibliography more appealing, but had to remove them as the output gets all messed up on my site (the images end up overlapping and taking most of the screen space).
3. The bibliography is getting sorted randomly, and not by publication date (the order is neither ascending nor descending). Ex.:
This is a great tool, but really needs some work done. I’d be willing to pay for a tool that works properly. Surely there’s other people out there that would too.
Thanks for reading!
- The topic ‘Issues with Zotpress’ is closed to new replies.