WordPress.org

Forums

Yoast SEO
Issues with variable %%name%% (15 posts)

  1. VASCO-Data-Security
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    %%name%% isn't parsing in title tag. It just remains "%%name%%"

    For example look title of http://blog.vasco.com/author/floreli1vasco-com/

    It has been working fine, but now it doesn't anymore.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/

  2. aaylersghost
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    We noticed the same issue - it was working well up to Version 1.5.2.7 - the upgrade to Version 1.5.3 broke the Author Archives titles and meta for us as well. The titles now print, "%%name%%."

    Thanks,

  3. elephantshrew
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Try replacing %%name%% with %%term_title%% - that may work.

  4. chembro303
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately %%term_title%% just prints to the title exactly like %%name%% does. It's on our author archive titles (the default that ships with the plugin), so what is needed is for %%name%% to be replaced with the author's name.

  5. kmcminn
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for posting this, VASCO-Data-Security.

    I too noticed this issue as of today. I wonder if the Yoast team has changed something up?

  6. pugh
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm getting it as well or %%tag%%

  7. ukutabs
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Joost is already aware of this issue (https://twitter.com/yoast/status/466163364058894336) and it looks like it is already fixed in the master on Github.

  8. dancriel
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I had the same issue with the %%name%% replacement variable on multiple installs. I went to GitHub and grabbed a copy of the latest version of /inc/wpseo-functions.php, and overwrote my local copy. Author page titles are now working as expected, and the other features of the SEO plugin seem to be working correctly so I believe this is a safe fix until a new version is released to the public.

  9. kmcminn
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    @dancriel

    Do you have a link to the GitHub page for that file?

  10. chembro303
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/blob/master/inc/wpseo-functions.php

    I have not tried the fix yet, personally. But that's the file and it does indicate that this was specifically updated.

  11. kmcminn
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks, chembro303.

  12. mshafei
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    The new version is now available which fixed the issue.

  13. kmcminn
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Installed. Everything appears to be back in working order. Thanks, Joost de Valk!

  14. kmcminn
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Scratch that.

    Page titles in the snippet preview are now broken.

  15. Scott Hendison
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Not fixed - its a mess - but the "real" Yoast support is located at Github and they pay no attention to this free support area at WP https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Yoast SEO
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic