Support » Plugin: ACF: Better Search » Issue with polylang

  • Resolved jeromesteunou

    (@jeromesteunou)


    Hi,

    I found out that the search is not working for posts in different language than the default one. For those it provides results matching only title, not fields from ACF

    Any clue?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Plugin Author Mateusz Gbiorczyk

    (@mateuszgbiorczyk)

    Hi @jeromesteunou,

    Thank you for your message.

    The plugin is compatible with the Polylang plugin. Searching among ACF fields is not related to the language. You support the language version in Polylang by the lang argument in WP_Query.

    I cannot guet it work but I have an old version of polylang, ACF and WordPress 🙁

    Do you think it could be related?

    Plugin Author Mateusz Gbiorczyk

    (@mateuszgbiorczyk)

    What exactly are the versions?

    ACF 5.7.7 Polylang 2.1.6 (not pro) WP 4.9.15

    Plugin Author Mateusz Gbiorczyk

    (@mateuszgbiorczyk)

    It should work. These versions are compatible. As I mentioned – the language has nothing to do with this plugin. Languages are supported by special taxonomy, by Polylang.

    Could it be because I’m using Custom Posts?

    I really dont understand what’s wrong… providing &lang=fr or &lang=en dont change a thing, I have only fr results or no results

    Could it be because I’m using the REST API? The search from admin UI seems fine.

    Plugin Author Mateusz Gbiorczyk

    (@mateuszgbiorczyk)

    The free version of Polylang does not support REST API. Remember, however, that I can help you with matters related to my plugin.

    Can I still help you somehow?

    Maybe you can point out which filter I should use to override some function in order to catch myself which lang I want to use for the search and pass it on to the query?

    Plugin Author Mateusz Gbiorczyk

    (@mateuszgbiorczyk)

    Maybe, but it has nothing to do with my plugin. I can’t help you with this matter. Please contact technical support related to Polylang plugins.

    You were right, I bought polylang pro and everything is working in multilang from REST API now 🙂

    Sorry to bother you again, but weirdly as it sounds, I have another platform where it does not work. Same configuration, plugins version, polylang pro, etc.

    I logged the SQL requests, which seems very identical that my 1st platform, but playing it manually trough mysql client, I have only one result, in FR language, instead of 2 results, FR & EN.

    Both articles are published, public, use same acf fields, … I dont get it.

    I cannot see what I did different from my 1st platform.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.