Support » Plugin: All-inclusive Security Solution by SiteGround » Issue with latest version of WooCommerce
Issue with latest version of WooCommerce
Resolved Mej de Castro
The plugin have issues with the latest version of WooCommerce. Would appreciate it if the issue will be patch soon.
Thank you! 🙂
Plugin Author Stoyan Georgiev
Hey there @mej ,
I hope you are doing well!
Would it be possible to provide additional details about the issue you are experiencing? For example – When this setting is turned on I see issues with that, I have an issue on that specific page. More details will help us resolve the issue faster.
Also, a site URL will help us with the investigation.
Thanks for getting back to me. The SG Security plugin is currently deactivated on my website.
I can give you temporary admin access to further troubleshoot. Please let me know the email where I can send you the access.
Moderator tobifjellner (Tor-Bjorn Fjellner)
- This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Mej de Castro.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by tobifjellner (Tor-Bjorn Fjellner). Reason: Please never ever request or offer admin access in these forums
@mej Please never ever offer or request admin access via these public forums.
As a matter of fact, plugin and theme authors may get banned if they insist on accepting such offers.
For your information, here is what we use to say if someone asks for access:
While I know you have the best of intentions, it’s forum policy that you not ask users for admin or server access. Users on the forums aren’t your customers, they’re your open source collaborators, and requesting that kind of access can put you and them at high risk.
If they are paying customers (such as people who bought a premium service/product from you) then by all means, direct them to your official customer support system. But in all other cases, you need to help them here on the forums.
Thankfully are other ways to get information you need:
- Ask the user to install the Health Check plugin and get the data that way.
- Ask for a link to the http://pastebin.com/ or https://gist.github.com log of the user’s web server error log.
- Ask the user to create and post a link to their
- Walk the user through enabling WP_DEBUG and how to log that output to a file and how to share that file.
- Walk the user through basic troubleshooting steps such and disabling all other plugins, clear their cache and cookies and try again (the Health Check plugin can do this without impacting any site vistors).
- Ask the user for the step-by-step directions on how they can reproduce the problem.
You get the idea.
We know volunteer support is not easy, and this guideline can feel needlessly restrictive. It’s actually there to protect you as much as end users. Should their site be hacked or have any issues after you accessed it, you could be held legally liable for damages. In addition, it’s difficult for end users to know the difference between helpful developers and people with malicious intentions. Because of that, we rely on plugin developers and long-standing volunteers (like you) to help us and uphold this particular guideline.
When you help users here and in public, you also help the next person with the same problem. They’ll be able to read the debugging and solution and educate themselves. That’s how we get the next generation of developers.
Additional info: When the plugin is active, some woocommerce pages like Home, customers, marketing and analytics returns white space only. Here is a short screencast.
MejPlugin Author Stoyan Georgiev
Hey there @mej,
From the video you’ve sent I’ve noticed that you are using Wordfence as well. Using multiple plugins for the same functionality can sometimes cause unexpected behavior.
Would it be possible to perform the same test with Wordfence disabled? Also, are there any errors in the console or the debug log when you experience those issues ?
StoyanPlugin Author Elena Chavdarova
We haven’t heard from you in a while. We hope you managed to resolve the case and use the plugin without issues.
We will mark the case as resolved now, still in case you are still experiencing any difficulties you can always reply here with more details on the matter.
Hi Plugin Authors,
Yes, the issue been resolved. Thank you so much for the quick fix.
- The topic ‘Issue with latest version of WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.