Support » Themes and Templates » issue with kubrick, sidebars, and ie

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moderator James Huff


    Volunteer Moderator 🚀

    Try removing all images, javascript, or other “foreign” code from the sidebar. In my case, it was the StatCounter code that was doing it. Others have had a few images cause it.

    Thanks! I had an image-based playlist in my sidebar so I took that out and so far things look straight.

    I sure hope an html guru will figure out how to beat IE into submission on this sidbebar strangeness one day.

    Alternatively is there an easy way in the sidebar.php template to detect IE and hence substitute text-only links for images? (ironically it’s the “get firefox” banner that is causing the problem on my site)

    Hmm. OK I just tried removing all images from my sidebar and I *still* got the problem.

    I can reproduce the problem with the following as my sidebar.php:

    <div id="sidebar">

    Which makes me think this is a CSS issue.

    Giving this a “friendly bump” here, since I’m facing exactly the same problem right now.

    I’ve removed all added images and another coding, in fact I have copied the original sidebar code back in, and ran the XHTML validator through it, and yet the problem persists.

    I love the Kubrick template, but I consider this to be a major bug (which is probably IE’s fault) so it would be great if anyone knew a solution…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘issue with kubrick, sidebars, and ie’ is closed to new replies.