I’m looking for a plugin that would:
- list external urls
- group them in categories and sub-categories
- add tags to each link as well
- allow a lengthy description
- attach images
- add RSS feed, if available
- let users/contributors submit a link to the directory
- search the links directory
- view list ordered by most popular/recently added
- allow visitors to rate links (optional)
Most full-blown CMS systems provide such functionality. I’ve been looking for WP plugins that would do that for the past couple of days, but couldn’t find something satisfactory.
The built-in blogroll doesn’t scale too well (the manage links interface list all posts on a single page, not convenient for very large lists), and doesn’t allow users with Contributor privileges to submit links.
I also tried the WP Link Directory plugin, but it lacks layout flexibility for public pages, doesn’t provide tagging and allows anyone to submit a link.
Does anyone know of a plugin that might fit my purpose? Or suggestions as to how best to present a large list of links on a WP site? Any help appreciated.