On my blog, I post articles that have a unique code for each entry. So its possible to check with the code to see if an entry already exists before making a new one. My problem is I am not a programmer and am wondering if there is already a plugin to handle anything like this. Basically, the plugin works thus:
1. Author loads text editor. A small entry field loads also.
2. Author enters a unique code (eg XF2929-xyzxyz-ufg) into the small entry field.
3. WordPress checks the database to see if this code already exist
4. If it does, author is told, that an entry has already been made.
5. If not, author goes ahead to make entry.
Am wondering if a plugin already exists like this. If not, how do i go about handling this issue. Thanks in advance 🙂
- The topic ‘Is there a plugin to warn authors about duplicate posts?’ is closed to new replies.