Support » Plugin: WooCommerce » Is it possible to funnel % of payment to multiple accounts

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Depends on the payment gateway you’re using. Some payment processor companies don’t allow that to happen. Others do.

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    Well if this is properly coded, the split happens before even hitting the payment gateways. So payment gateway A will just see the 20% and payment gateway B will see the rest of 80%. Neither will have knowledge it has been split.

    @splashingpixels: Again, it depends on the payment gateway in use. For example, how will you pull that off using PayPal Standard? The quick answer is that you won’t.

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    No it doesn’t depend on payment gateway. The gateways would have no idea. For example $100 purchase and you want to split that 20/80.

    The transaction will happen twice, one for payment gateway A and another for payment gateway B. As stated, they would have no idea what you did with the $100 purchase. They only see what is passed to them. Which respectively $20 dollars to A and $80 dollars to B.

    With PayPal Standard the shopper gets redirected to PayPal to make payment, then directed back after paying. Thus, you have a hard time making that happen twice.

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    Again, it doesn’t matter what gateway it is. And you’re not doing the process twice after the gateway. You’re doing it before. If you don’t get it, I am sorry but that is how I would code it.

    No offense intended here: But apparently you are not familiar with the PayPal Standard API otherwise you’d know that you cannot do a split payment with the stock PayPal Standard gateway and typical PayPal Standard account.

    So again, as I said previously it does depend on which payment processing is being used. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to provide an accurate answer.

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    I believe you are either ignoring my description or you fail to see the point. Again, no where in my description did I mention anything about Paypal. Where do you even see the word Paypal in my description?

    Please READ! Again for the third time, it doesn’t SEE the gateway until it is ready to pass. And yes I have experience in building payment gateways.

    Calm down. I originally wrote “Again, it depends on the payment gateway in use” — and as you can see based on my explanation above, this is absolutely true. I did not say it can’t be done at all …

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    What I am trying to tell you is that IT DOES NOT depend on the gateway. How would the gateway know of this? How would Paypal know you’re splitting it? If they do, you’re coding it wrong. Simple as that.

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    And FYI, the reason why I commented on this is because I have already built something like this in the passed for a customer. They needed an affiliate scheme where a purchase % goes to the affiliate account and the rest goes into theirs.

    That is why I am commenting on this and state that it can work…

    Unless you want to completely modify the checkout process to be cumbersome, or do backend processing after a sale to facilitate sending money to someone else ( ala affiliate program style ), then it cannot be done at the point of sale in real time with any degree of accuracy because many factors have to be taken into consideration – like refunds, transaction reversals, fraudulent payments, etc etc etc.

    On the other hand, if you’re Ok with the potential risks, and/or delaying percentage payments to a 3rd party, then just get an affiliate plugin that works with WooCommerce and tweak it a little bit and you’re good to go.

    Roy Ho

    (@splashingpixelscom)

    There is nothing simple about this and it is a customized site nonetheless. So if you want to do this, do it right. There are no extra risks here. It is the same risk as if you used one gateway.

    livingwellwithepilepsy

    (@livingwellwithepilepsy)

    Not to poke a stick at the bear … but would I be better off with MarketPress (I think maybe)? Esp since commission king which could possibly make this easier is not available.

    Google is often more useful than posting and waiting 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to funnel % of payment to multiple accounts’ is closed to new replies.