Right, well I've been using WordPress a good few weeks now and have to say I'm loving it.
I'm not a huge 'blogger' as such, I use my site for posting news mostly, but there are a couple of questions I've been meaning to ask and can't seem to find anywhere (or I'm not looking hard enough).
1) What advantage would I have (or a viewer) of using the gZip function for articles?
2) What advantage would I have (or a viewer) of using the geographic features?
3) The update services uses, by default, the pingomatic. There's an interesting article from the Wiki to this page ( http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2004/11/21/a-list-of-rpc-and-rpc2-to-ping/ ) which details 41 services.
Now I've tried copying and pasting the list into my update services, but some work some don't. After looking at the source of Elliot's page, naturally it's showing a text-friendly version of the URL so some parameters are missing. Is there an easy way to get this list with the full URL's into WordPress and the bottom line, is it really worth it?
4) The template of my page took an age to do. When the new version of WordPress comes out, will this have an impact on my template or is it purely the engine that's been updated?
5) (finally!!) What are the advantages of these "BreadCrumbs" that I see occasionally?