I have a WP-site running with posts and static pages.
On our buisness-server, there’s a mssql db up and running. it contains around 3000 products in different categories. they are organized as the following example:
Main-category —> Sub-category —> Product.
I already wrote a Codeigniter-app to accomplish my goal BUT i want to integrate it in wordpress.
What i want to do:
- The user opens a wordpress-site from the main menu (e.g. Products)
- The Main-Categorys get loaded and displayed dynamically (by MSSQL<–>PHP script)
- The user clicks on a Main-category and gets to the Sub-categories. (In Codeigniter, i would pass the Category nicely via URI. E.g. http://www.mysite.com/products/MAIN-CATEGORY-SLUG/)
- and so on … ww.mysite.com/products/MAIN-CATEGORY-SLUG/SUB-CATEGORY-SLUG/
Membership, Cart and Product-Details
I need a concept how to realise this with wordpress … maybe on of this?
- integrating codeigniter into wordpress for that specific task. (site-template would be a CI-view, possible??? what about the URI?)
- Dynamically create the Products as custom posts with nested categories (maybe a cronjob creates the custom-posts once a day)
- native php with arguments in the uri? i want it seo friendly!!!
- a shop plugin that is flexible enough to get the data from mssql ?
i know my question is not very structured, but i hope someone understands what i mean.
thx for the answers!!!
- The topic ‘Integrating Products from external MSSQL DB’ is closed to new replies.