install.php displays a bunch of squares?
I’m sorry if this question’s been asked before; I know there’s a lot relating to install.php, but none of it helped me.
Here’s what I’ve done tonight:
1) Downloaded Uniserver (http://miniserver.sourceforge.net)
2) Downloaded WordPress
3) Per instructions in readme.html, extracted the file into my WWW directory
4) Created the database “wordpress”
5) Edited wp-config.php, and changed the DB_USER and DB_PASSWORD fields to the appropriate values.
6) Started Uniserver and MySQL
7) Launched localhost/www/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php
I got a case of square syndrome when opening wp-admin/install.php. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to networks, but I was pretty certain that “localhost” would do for DB_HOST in the config file. When I inserted my IP address instead, I got the same thing errors.
Any ideas on what could be going wrong here? I’m giving up for the time being, but there’s one particular theme I’d really like to use for my website that’s only available here.
- The topic ‘install.php displays a bunch of squares?’ is closed to new replies.