install.php can’t find “congig.php”
I’m not exactly new to WP, having already designed a site for a customer two months ago. I loved it and decided to transfer my whole blog (Frontpage). I was at the point of making the switch when version 1.2 arrived. So now I am attempting to install version 1.2. If someone could give a handâ€¦ Here’s the situation:
(1) I edited the wp-config-sample.php to these settings, which I then saved to wp-config.php
(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘mypassword’); //
(2) I uploaded everything in a subfolder of my public_html named â€¦/wp.
(3) I then tried to launch install.php, which is in the â€¦/wp-admin. What I got is:
wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started. Need more help? We got it. You can create a wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn’t work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file.”);
$step = $_GET[‘step’];
$step = 0;?>
(4) It also says that I appear to have WP already installed, which is true, though in the 1.0.2 version and in another folder.
(5) From there, the install.php page would not start the step 1.
I am asking for help because I don’t have the slightest idea of where to go from now. Soâ€¦
- The topic ‘install.php can’t find “congig.php”’ is closed to new replies.