First of all, hope you all have a good New year!
Right, attempting to install WP on localhost using XAMPP and having the following issue:
Getting to the database connection part of the istallation, after putting in DB name, user, password, etc getting the following message:
“There has been a critical error on this website.”
In summary, what I’ve tried so far:
– Checked that I can access a test php page on localhost
– Checed the database credentials and premissions are set to all
– Tried creating a new user with password
– Changed UAC settings in windows
– Banged head against desk
– reinstalled XAMPP
– Redownloaded WP
– Swore a little
Any other suggestions? Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Installing WordPress on XAMPP’ is closed to new replies.