Install in one directory, site in another
Hi, I want my install to be in one location (site.com/install) – which it is, but my site to be in another (site.com/staging) as I have a holding page up at the root (site.com) currently.
I have tried the process found in ‘Using a pre-existing subdirectory install’ with the following actions:
– WordPress Address (URL) – kept as site.com/install
– Site Address (URL) – changed from site.com/install to site.com/staging
– Copied index.php and .htaccess from /install into /staging
– Moved wp-config.php into /staging
– Updated /staging index.php file line (‘./wp-blog-header.php’) to (‘/install./wp-blog-header.php’)
But when done and saved I get an error page at site.com/staging saying wp-blog-header.php cannot be found and /install is not available either.
I know these instructions are meant for moving into the root not into another directory (which will be done on staging completion). Does anyone have any advice on what else needs to be updated and if this is even possible?
- The topic ‘Install in one directory, site in another’ is closed to new replies.