Hi there, so Ive been trying over a week now to get this install of wordpress to work. Fair enough I am new to this so maybe thats why its proving to be so difficult but I dont think it should take this long, anyway heres the situation and yes I have been reading the instal information.
– I have a working InnoHosting webspace , beginneers shared server space,
with cPanel pre installed as well as all the other gubings you would exspect.
– My domain name points to the correct IP address
– I can login to this space via my ftp (FileZila)
– I have uploaded wordpress to the server to either the main / area or seperate /myblog folder. (both dont work)
– In cPanel I have created a MySQL database and called it wordpress in phpmyadmin and copied that info in the the wp-config.php and uploaded that in replacement onto the server
– I next go to http://www.studiobeatbox.co.uk/wp-admin/install.php
and or http://www.studiobeatbox.co.uk/myblog/wp-admin/install.php
and I get a html 404 Request Not Found error…..
– If I run the ftp version, I get “PHP is not isntalled error”
I I run the ftp install-helper I get jargon….
takes me to a Index of ftp page
Takes me to a not found 404 error page ( weird!)
( Im aware that I have to run the install via my host name not ftp at the start, but I wanted to show what happens)
– So both ways dont work, which is strange, I have a html index file in the main directory and it links to a welcome note when you go to just the website, also the IP on its own links u to the cPanel Congrats page.
Im thinking that maybe its because I havent told word press some how where to go to find the database or server folders properly.
I checked that the databas info in the wpconfig.php file are correct,
but phpmyadmin is a werid tool and cant seem to create a table inside it and im thinking I probley should!
Other than that Im completly stumped, people have mentioned editing htacess files to fix the php not installed on server error. Ive been working on this for to long and would really apreciate some more help 🙁
- The topic ‘Instalation massive headache – FTP – PHP install file – everything!’ is closed to new replies.