In the “classic” editor, insert hyperlink feature works as expected:
1. start typing to search..
2. choose a post (of ANY type!)
3. link text is inserted using title of the post
In block editor, insert hyperlink feature seems crippled:
1. start typing to search…
2. choose a post (but not custom posts, unless supported)
3. link text is inserted as URL, so then one needs to remember title, edit link text (pain, error prone)
I MUST be doing something wrong. Can’t imagine WP would move backwards, so please enlighten me — what am I doing wrong with that block hyperlink insert?
P.S. I can work around this, but some of my clients will balk.
P.P.S I understand custom post types now need to enable REST API, but this feature only inserts a link, so… why?
thanks for any help.
- The topic ‘Insert Hyperlink in block editor inferior?’ is closed to new replies.